Chopstick Ramen review

 

Today I ordered two packets of hot chicken ramen for 85/- each and eight packets of hot cheese ramen for 650/-from Pandamart to try out the newly launched Chopstick Ramen. I would like to share my experience on these as there are hardly any reviews. 
 

The sour, unpleasant, and nearly nauseatingly fishy/oyster saucy flavor of the Hot Chicken was just one of many issues with the dish. Maybe didn’t go with my taste buds still I don't think I'll ever give it another go; it's that bad! 
 
The Hot Cheese version, in contrast to that, was significantly better; its sauce was good but bland. Unfortunately, it could taste more like "cheese" ramen as the advertised flavor only if they were careful to the amount of seasoning. I'd give it a passable 6 out of 10 and recommend giving it a go, but with low expectations.
 
In comparison to samyang ramen, which usually costs around 150/-, Chopstick Ramen seems like a better deal, but it's lacking in both quantity and flavor, so price becomes expensive rather than seeming budget friendly. 
 
 
Hot chicken
As they claim to be the first one to launch authentic ramen in Bangladesh, I actually had better expectations. Samyang provides a better product with enough of it and great taste, but when comparing prices, you have to include in extra expenses like taxes and import fees. If Chopstick Ramen wants to be competitive with long-time favorites like Samyang and other packages, it needs to up its level in the area of both quantity and quality. I really hope they will!

Post a Comment

0 Comments